Covered Sandboxes – Options 1 and 2
Below is the tutorial for Option 1. Scroll Down to see Option 2.
- power drill
- power saw
- sander (optional)
- paint brush
- 8 – 2″ x 4″ x 8′ pieces of wood
- 2 – 2″ x 6″ x 8′ pieces of wood
- 1 piece of plywood (optional for bottom)
- a box of 2 1/2″ screws (stainless are ideal)
- 3-4 stainless steel door hinges
- sand paper
- 1 jug/can of wood sealant or exterior paint
- 6-8 bags of beach sand
You will need basic construction skills and a few power tools, namely a saw and drill. We encourage you to use salvaged lumber, if you can get your hands on it. The finished box is a little under 4′ x 4′ closed and 4′ x 8′ open, you will need a level space of this size.
This incredible DIY project was brought to us by Carla and Jason of Small & Friendly. Carla, a modern homemaker, is a “crafty, cookin’ DIY mama,” whose adorable son Jude loves the sandbox his daddy made for him.
For the full set of instructions, please visit Small & Friendly for the Deluxe DIY Sandbox Tutorial.
Now, remember this:
FOR SANDBOX 2 REVEAL – CLICK ON PAGE 4!