Custom Kitchen Message Center Keeps Family Schedules & Notes
We’re always looking for ways to make necessary household items into warm and visually friendly art for your wall and this custom chalk message board does just that! It’s a great way for your family to share their schedules, notes to each other, a grocery list, and whatever else you might like to share. Enjoy!
Create a Family Message Center
Build a custom-framed chalkboard to hang in your kitchen, creating a central location for everyone to leave messages!
This white traditional kitchen features a DIY chalkboard which is a great way to keep your family on-task and on-schedule.
• 20″ x 46″ x 1/4″ sheet hardboard
• 23″ x 51″ x 1/8″ sheet hardboard
• (2) 49-1/2-inch lengths 3-1/2-inch wide primed MDF baseboard
• 20″ x 3-1/2″ primed MDF baseboard
• extra strength wood glue
• caulk and caulk gun
• extra fine sanding pad
• painters’ tape
• roll masking paper
• white spray paint
• 27″ x 4-1/2″ primed MDF baseboard
• 2 picture hooks and nails
• 28-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ primed MDF baseboard trimmed down to 1 1/2–inch
• 28″ x 3-1/2″ primed MDF baseboard trimmed down to 1 inch
• clear protective spray
• chalkboard paint
• 2 ring hangers
• picture wire
Cut and Lay Out Pieces
Cut primed MDF baseboard and hardboard to size.
Apply extra strength wood glue to both sides of adjacent cut edges.
Let Frame Dry
Let glue dry for 24 hours.
More Steps On The Next Page…